We have a special interview and book giveaway to share with you today.
But first we wanted to say thank you to everyone who took the time to send us travel questions and well wishes on our move! We made it safe and sound and are enjoying getting settled here in the DC area.
Next time, we’ll go behind the scenes and share all the tips and tricks we use to eat well on the road.
But for now, on to the feature du jour…
If you are at all interested in nutrition, you’ve likely heard of The China Study.
This landmark book has sold over a million copies and the New York Times called it the “most comprehensive large study ever undertaken of the relationship between diet and the risk of developing disease.”
The China Study was co-authored by legendary nutrition researcher T. Colin Campbell, PhD, and when it was time to write the book he asked that his son Tom move back home to help out.
This supposed one year project ended up taking four years to complete, and during the process Tom developed such a passion for the subject that he went on to become a physician.
The Campbell Plan
Fast forward to the present, and the now Thomas Campbell, MD has released a new book that offers a practical follow-up based on The China Study principles.
His book The Campbell Plan explores the science behind recent dietary confusion, feeding kids as well as what to stock in your kitchen, how to read labels and shop, and what to watch for in social and eating out situations.
And of course recipes! 55 delicious and easy recipes to be exact.
You already know how nerdy I get about behavioral psychology, so I was especially excited to see that the book addresses some of the behavior change principles behind making and sustaining healthy eating habits.
If you liked this video, subscribe to our youtube channel.
- (1:35) How strong is the evidence showing the correlation between the consumption of animal products and chronic disease?
- (5:57) Why is there so much dietary confusion and how do we navigate it?
- (14:50) Why information alone is not enough to change our behavior, and the three most important factors that help us change.
- (19:00) The surprising reason why making a 100% commitment is sometimes easier than making gradual changes.
- (22:30) What Dr. Campbell thinks is the most important thing to eliminate from the Standard American Diet and why.
Enter to win a copy of The Campbell Plan
Dr. Campbell has been gracious enough to provide a copy of his book to our community, and you can enter to win!
We’ll be randomly selecting one recipient (see entry details below) and notifying the winner on Monday April 6th, 2015.
UPDATE: The giveaway has ended. Congrats to Tracy C! We’ll be in touch to send you a free copy of The Campbell Plan.
Here’s how to enter:
- Sign up for the email list using the form below. If you are already subscribed, you do NOT have to subscribe again.
- Leave a comment below letting us know the following: How has your decision to eat healthy impacted your relationships with friends and family? Give an example and be specific.
*Note: Only open to residents of the Continental U.S.
We will never sell your information or spam you, ever.
Matt Jager is a wellness activist, yogi and co-founder of True Wellth. His life mission is to transform the healthcare and food system in this country, so that every single person has access to the tools and support they need to look and feel their best, control their health, own their happiness and revolutionize their well-being.