Today I have a real treat for you, a new interview with Lani Muelrath.
Lani is an award winning teacher and author who overcame her own lifetime struggle with weight over more than 17 years ago when she lost 50 pounds. She’s maintained her weight loss with the tools that she uses to coach others to be successful with weight loss, body shaping, and health.
Lani and I hit it off right away because we share so many of the same philosophies. Here’s one quote from her book that I was particularly excited to share with you.
One thing I love about Lani’s work is that she puts food in its proper place — as a supporting agent of a life rich in health, happiness, energy and joy. And the more we choose whole, plant-powered foods that nourish our bodies, the more our bodies, and lives, come into balance.
In the interview, we cover this idea and also dive into super practical examples and strategies from our own lives. We talk about meal templates, our meditation practices, the best way to get started with physical activity, and also laugh a bit about the detours we’ve taken on this never ending journey towards optimal health.
Watch the interview and learn
- How Lani left behind the anxiety and struggle around food and found food freedom.
- Two of the craziest things that Lani and I did on our journey towards better health.
- Why mindset is such an important part of making major life changes, and we can cultivate a mindset that leads to lifelong success.
- The role of meditation in health and weight loss and how to get started with a mindfulness practice.
- How movement changes the brain and can help catalyze other life changes.
- The best way to get started with exercise.
- Lani’s Website
- The Plant-Based Journey on Amazon
- Headspace Meditation App
- Tara Brach Guided Meditations
- The Chipotle Method
Enter To Win A Free Copy The Plant-Based Journey
Lani and her publisher Ben Bella have been gracious enough to provide a copy of the Plant-Based Journey to our community, and you can enter to win!
We’ll choose a winner by random drawing on Tuesday July 12th, 2016.*UPDATE: The giveaway has now closed. Congrats to our winner Helena!
Here’s how to enter:
- Sign up for the email list using the form below. If you are already subscribed, you do NOT have to subscribe again.
- Leave a comment below letting us know the following: Do you have a meditation or mindfulness practice? If not, why? Is it something that you are interested in starting?
*Note: Giveaway is only open to residents of the US and Canada
We will never sell your information or spam you, ever.
Matt Jager is a wellness activist, yogi and co-founder of True Wellth. His life mission is to transform the healthcare and food system in this country, so that every single person has access to the tools and support they need to look and feel their best, control their health, own their happiness and revolutionize their well-being.